This will make ±12 small (or 6 large) Peanut Butter Cups within 30 minutes:
- 6 tablespoons of peanut butter; I prefer smooth but chunky will do just fine, whatever floats your boat!
- A few teaspoons of confectioners sugar (don't even bother sifting), it all depends on how sweet you like your candy.
- A few drops of vanilla extract- be careful, too much will overpower the peanut butter flavour!
- 1 chocolate bar: I used 75 grams of dark chocolate, normally I prefer milk chocolate but as long as it melts it will do.
- Some sea salt and if you like to spice things up like I do, add some chill flakes!
2. Microwave the chocolate until there are no lumps left and let it cool before adding the peanut butter balls.
3. Scoop some of the chocolate into the paper muffin cups, it should be a thin layer and will become the bottom part of the cups. Add a peanut butter ball, squeeze/push/flatten it gently until it resembles a tiny peanut butter disc and scoop a second chocolate layer on top of it; make sure to cover the edges!
4. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes, sprinkle some sea salt & chilli flakes on top of the cups if you feel like it and ENJOY!